TRUST & BELIEVEKahlil Gibran: Trust in Dreams; for in them is hidden the gate to Eternity.
Walt Disney: When you Believe in a thing, Believe in it all the way; implicitly and unquestionably.
- So, you've Decided on the exact Dream, Desire or Wish.
- You've Visualized it both on paper and in your mind; morning and night.
- For some of you, you've also made it known; to friends, family or like me, on Twitter too.
- You've done all the necessary groundwork; research on the topic (or item), gather more information, subscribe to relevant sources or maybe even ask people for it!
I admit, this one requires some practice. You may face little hiccups or doubts along the way. But I urge you to persevere, because once you get the hang of it, it becomes almost automatic. That can be very powerful.
START SMALL (...but be ambitious!)
I used to visualize 'little things' just for practice. I still do, because it is so much fun.
- I visualize with my eyes closed for about 5sec, getting a seat in the train. And I just Trust & Believe that I'll get it. I can confidently say, at least 50% of the time it works perfectly. That's not too bad, considering getting a seat the moment I step into the train, even when it's packed to the brim. Somehow someone right in front of me just gets up to alight or something. At other times, I get a seat around 5 or 10min after boarding. And I am talking peak hours.
- I visualize my family smiling and commenting positively to me later at dinner; while cutting the onion, steaming the rice or whatever. And I just Trust & Believe it'll happen. It'll make my day when my 8yr old proudly says "I love mummy's porridge the best" or my husband smiling appreciatively over my humble spread. For someone hopeless at cooking, this practice really helps build the Trust & Believe instinct.
Okay, these are just some of the things I do. I suggest you take a quiet moment and think up a few for yourself to practice on.
- Make it easy. Make it simple.
- Build on little successes.
- Lay a solid foundation to building an instinct for
Trust & Belief.
Read Visualization Tips and Techniques #1 here
Read Visualization Tips and Techniques #2 here
Read Visualization Tips and Techniques #3 here
Read Visualization Tips and Techniques #5 here
Follow me on Twitter